Saturday

Food | Raspberry White Tea Lemonade

"This art of resting the mind and the power of dismissing from it all care and worry is probably one of the secrets of energy in our great men."
~Captain J. A. Hadfield


Raspberry White Tea Lemonade

Oh summer, I heart thou! Well, I would be saying that if mosquitoes weren’t Edmonton’s official bird. I would be saying that if I could stand outside for more than 2 minutes without being consumed. But a subtle breeze kicked in and offered us a respite from the blood suckers. Finally, alfresco dining and gallivanting no longer seemed unsuitable.

Suddenly the desire to sit out could be fulfilled; and coincidentally around the same time, I decided I needed a break from the interwebs. I will always be astonished by how completely consuming the internet can be. The connections made online are amazing and I am grateful for the ones I have made; but I just needed a break. The glow from my perpetually powered on computer was starting to mess with my sleep cycles. Yes I admit that I am addicted to the net.

Raspberry White Tea Lemonade

The first step is admitting that there is a problem.

So I am currently on a self imposed internet hiatus, allowing only brief moments to check emails and post the occasional tweet; I tried to give it up completely but I was starting to get the shakes; but in the name of rest, relaxation and the ability to sit outside; a raspberry, basil and white tea lemonade.

Raspberry White Tea Lemonade

Raspberry Basil and White Tea Lemonade
5 raspberry white tea bags
5 lemons, juiced
1 cup crushed ice
Syrup
½ cup water
½ cup honey
15 leaves of basil (adjust to your liking)
Steep the tea bags in 4 cups boiling water. Meanwhile in small sauce pan bring to a boil water and honey; remove from the heat and add the basil. Allow to steep for 10 minutes, and then remove the basil leaves. Remove the tea bag from the water and stir in the ice. Add the lemon juice and 2/3 cup of syrup. Serve cold over ice with a slice of lemon and basil leaves.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so refreshing! I love the addition of basil too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The basil made such a difference- this is my new summer sipper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit; and for your kind words!